When there are no words

Cancer. A house fire. A lay off. Divorce. The death of a child. 

Lately, I've been scared to turn the computer on in the morning. It seems that heartache and tragedy are coming from every direction. Some people I know. Others are friends of friends. But in the age of facebook and blogs, it seems like we can get to know people that we don't know IRL (in real life). I get connected. I weep with them. I hurt.

I have even gotten on my  knees in front of the computer and cried as I prayed for that person behind the screen. I want them to know I don't think its fair either. I want to offer words of support. I want to tell them I'm here. I grieve for them. I ache for their family. I want to say "I understand," but in reality, I don't. I have been through some trials; but not those trials. So what do I say? How can I put my love, support and prayers into words? I can't. And it pains me that I can't. I feel lost

So I pray. I know Jesus understands. He's been there. He knows. So I pray He comforts them when I can't. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Cry Over Spoiled Milk

I don't know how you do it

Why I love....bold honesty {my eating disorder recovery}