Tucker Pond

We spent the first two weeks of August at Tucker Pond in Warner, NH. I can't really call it a vacation since I do just about the same thing as I do at home...in another location. One of these years everyone will sleep through the night and I'll get to stay up late and talk to the adults & enjoy more than just 1 adult beverage.

This year we were blessed with good weather & were able to stay at the Crisp's cottage next door--so we had a few more bedrooms for our large crew! While I have very fond memories of Tucker Pond growing up, I have since become more of an 'indoor' girl. Walking from the Duffy cottage to the Crisp's in the pitch black and stepping on baby frogs about did me in! Never mind very limited showers, no washer/dryer and no central A/C.

 Peace.... (wait, is that a baby I hear crying?)

 Yes, everyone still plays "king of the raft"...well, except Thomas!
There is also no TV, internet (no facebook?! gasp!), no cells, etc. I look forward to unplugging at Tucker, and this year it was like a breath of fresh air to not even look at my cell.  The best part is spending time with family, eating good food, and watching the cousins bond. Allison loved every second of Tucker Pond life. She loved the dirt, the insects, the animals (frogs, chipmunks, salamanders, dogs), and especially the water. She has become quite a good swimmer this summer and got lots and lots of practice at Tucker.

 annual trip to Foothills for breakfast
 Blueberry picking with the gang
 more popular than skiing was tubing. Here are the big kids
 Natalie 6 months
 Love this view from the Duffy camp
 The oldest skier...Tom Duffy... 65 years young.
 S'mores over the new fire pit built by Dennis Duffy
 The youngest skier...Katelyn Faith Duffy... 5 years old!!!
 Allison & Katelyn LOVED this!!
 Kevin eating S'mores
 Great Grandma Duffy 94 years old.
Allison's buddy, Thomas Vargas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Cry Over Spoiled Milk

I don't know how you do it

Why I love....bold honesty {my eating disorder recovery}