2012 Resolution

Be intentional. That is my resolution for the year 2012. I need to stop floundering, looking for where I fit. God will put me there if I just stop for a bloody second and listen to him. I talk about priorities all the time, yet can I list what mine are? Yeah, yeah, yeah, God... Family... Others... But what does that really mean?  I'm reading through a devotional called "Made to Crave" with a friend of mine. It's purpose is geared to weight control, but God is speaking much bigger things to me...and we are on day 2. I'm resisting the urge to read ahead and focusing on the scripture she shares & how it applies to me. And God is speaking--big time. 


Made to Crave Devotional: 60 Days to Craving God, Not Food [Book]

Along with being intentional about EVERYTHING, he's telling me to stop acting entitled and start acting humble. Yup, I said it. I'm selfish. I want people to love me. I want to be appreciated. I want to be noticed. I get my feelings hurt when people are rude, mean,  and insensitive. And I realize that I'm putting others in the place that God should be. 1Peter reminds me to "humble yourselves...that he may lift you up in due time....cast your anxiety on him..." He does not say to do things so that others will like me. I need to quit performing for others and do things to serve HIM.
He's going to work in my heart this year. I'm scared & excited for all He's doing & going to do.

So I'm going out on a limb here on my little blog and sharing some of the insights that the Lord is sharing with me. I hope it helps you to think about your goals for 2012. I'd love to hear them!!

Comments

Kim said…
Confession...I'm selfish too. This year my resolution is to unpack some bags. I'm done carrying that baggage with me! Can't wait to start that devotional.

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Cry Over Spoiled Milk

I don't know how you do it

Why I love....bold honesty {my eating disorder recovery}