Christmas Time Fun

This is the first year that I have made it a point to try as many new Christmas activities as I can. Some people think Christmas should be simple and reflective. But they don't have a 5 year old named Allison. I think her love language is "going places." And honestly, I enjoy doing stuff too. The refection can come later!!  I tried really hard to get most of my shopping done early so I could enjoy the hussle-bussle of December and we have had a really good time so far. Yes, we're a bit tired, but its been really fun. Some stuff I wouldn't do again but most of it has been good enough to make to the blog :-)  We'll see what sticks in the year to come.

#1 The Tree Balls. No pictures of those but we I did get a few of the girls before we went. They ask about this almost daily so I think they liked it. Actually I think they liked getting out of their car seats the best (gasp!) while we crawled along behind the nursing home buses looking at the cool lights. PJ's and hot chocolate rank up there too!


#2 Gingerbread Houses. I hate crafts (which is why they invented preschool) but I have found I like food crafts. And this outing was organized extremely well. We made the houses out of graham crackers and merigue powder frosting; let them dry while we sang songs; then decorated with candy. Easy AND good!






#3 Life Nativity. Again, it may be more about getting out of the car seats...but it was so fun and very well done. We especially liked the live animals and the angels. We also had the discussion about how can Jesus be alive and dead at the same time.





#4 Dance Recital. Allison has been taking dance through a group called "In His Steps." It's actually a ministry through a local church. I could not do it without my dear friend Amber (littlepapiandpunkin.blogspot.com). She comes faithfully every Tuesday to bring Allison to dance because all the classes fall right in the middle of nap time. Allison has really enjoyed dancing. They did a little performance at a local nursing home....it was precious....and completely devoted to Him. The video is SO CUTE but I can't figure out how to load it on here yet. One day. Sorry.



#5 Pancakes with Santa. The girls preschool hosted pancakes and pictures with Santa for the first time this year. It was super fun & yummy! The kids loved talking with Santa & no one was scared!

Jenna is actually laughing in this picture.

#6 The Secret Tea Room. A fun outing with Allison to have tea and treats. I love my Snooks.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Cry Over Spoiled Milk

I don't know how you do it

Why I love....bold honesty {my eating disorder recovery}